THANKS TO OUR AMAZING SPONSORS FOR BACK TO SCHOOL DAYS!
Southland Elementary - September 2018
*Lisa Jackson Principal
Safety at Southland
We want you to know that safety is a top priority at Southland Elementary. Here are some of the ways we work to ensure your students are safe while they are at school.
- We practice monthly drills such as fire drills, lock downs, lockouts, earthquake drills, and others.
- Our teachers and staff are trained on how to handle emergency situations and account for all students.
- We have faculty and staff that are CPR trained and we have an AED Defibrillator on site.
- Students are taught what to do in each emergency situation to stay safe.
- All exterior doors are locked during school hours and visitors are required to check in at the office and wear an identifying sticker while in the school.
- Parents are required to show identification.
- All volunteers working alone with students must be fingerprinted and background checked to ensure student safety.
- Security cameras are installed both inside and outside of the school.
Southland Student Leader Chat
May Student Leader Chat Participants