Proposed Boundary Change Survey
To share your opinions about the proposed boundary changes, please visit: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/jordanboundarysurvey
Our staff was recently QPR trained. QPR is to suicide what CPR is to cardiac arrest. If enough people in the community are trained to recognize the signs of suicide and intervene appropriately, we can reduce the number of suicide deaths in our youth.
Principal's News-October 2018
*Lisa Jackson, Principal
*Jerri Mausbach Crawford, Assistant Principal
Safety at Southland
We want you to know that safety is a top priority at Southland Elementary. Here are some of the ways we work to ensure your students are safe while they are at school.
- We practice monthly drills such as fire drills, lock downs, lockouts, earthquake drills, and others.
- Our teachers and staff are trained on how to handle emergency situations and account for all students.
- We have faculty and staff that are CPR trained and we have an AED Defibrillator on site.
- Students are taught what to do in each emergency situation to stay safe.
- All exterior doors are locked during school hours and visitors are required to check in at the office and wear an identifying sticker while in the school.
- Parents are required to show identification.
- All volunteers working alone with students must be fingerprinted and background checked to ensure student safety.
- Security cameras are installed both inside and outside of the school.
Southland Student Leader Chat
September Student Leader Chat Participants