Check out our Amazing Faculty!
Congratulations to Amber Jones Teacher of the Year! Jordan Education Foundation, Superintendent Johnson, & others honored her with a surprise visit to our school.
Congratulations to Tasha Wood! She is our Southwest Valley Teacher of the Year Luncheon recipient!
Congratulations to Lay Kou for earning the Fulbright Distinguished Scholarship Award in Teaching.
Congratulations to Trevyn K. and Clancy W. for their 3rd place win at the Regional CUSF STEM Fair at BYU in Engineering. They built a Solar Super Capacitor Car. We are very proud of both of these boys!
Congratulations to Eva Roberts Bailey (Speech Pathologist), and students Ellis E. and Chase W. for receiving the Riverton Choice Award for our school! Way to go!
Southland Elementary - May 2018
*Lisa Jackson Principal
Safety at Southland
We want you to know that safety is a top priority at Southland Elementary. Here are some of the ways we work to ensure your students are safe while they are at school.
- We practice monthly drills such as fire drills, lock downs, lockouts, earthquake drills, and others.
- Our teachers and staff are trained on how to handle emergency situations and account for all students.
- We have faculty and staff that are CPR trained and we have an AED Defibrillator on site.
- Students are taught what to do in each emergency situation to stay safe.
- All exterior doors are locked during school hours and visitors are required to check in at the office and wear an identifying sticker while in the school.
- Parents are required to show identification.
- All volunteers working alone with students must be fingerprinted and background checked to ensure student safety.
- Security cameras are installed both inside and outside of the school.
Southland Student Leader Chat
May Student Leader Chat Participants