School Drop-Off Zones:
Students can only be dropped off or picked up in the lane on the far right side of the Drop-Off and Pick-Up Zones parallel to the building. Please have students remain in the car until you reach the drop-off zone indicated. In an effort to streamline this process, we ask that students get their backpacks ready to go and say goodbye before entering the drop-off zone. Be sure that students only exit on the passenger side of the vehicle. After students exit, promptly pull forward and out of the drop-off zone.
Please ensure that emergency vehicles can access the emergency zone by not parking in the red zones at any time. Park in a stall if you need to enter the building. We recognize that parking is limited during school events. Oquirrh Hills Middle School has given us permission to use their parking lot during special events. Please plan ahead, park in an alternate area, and walk to Southland.
Please always use crosswalks to cross the parking lot. Wait for safety patrol students to stop traffic and let you cross. Parents need to walk their students to the crosswalk, and then safety patrol will walk students across the crosswalk. Please do not allow students to walk unattended through the parking lot.
Sidewalk by Rock/Flagpole:
In an effort to keep our students safe and to encourage pick up and drop off only in the designated zones, we will no longer have students wait for rides on the area by the flagpole and rock. All students will be asked to wait along the sidewalks parallel with the building.
Reminders for safe drop-off and pick-up :
- Stay in your car or park in designated areas if you need to get out of your car. If students need to get something from the trunk of the vehicle or need more time to exit the car, please park in a designated parking stall.
- Teacher supervision and safety patrol will begin at 8:30 a.m. and end at 8:45 a.m.
- Students arriving after 8:45 a.m. need to enter through the main doors to the office to check-in.
- After school, teachers and safety patrol will remain at their stations until 3:35 p.m. Monday-Thursday and 1:00 p.m. on short days.
- Any students remaining after 3:35 p.m. Monday-Thursday and 1:55 p.m. on short days will be sent inside to wait for their ride.
Please Help us practice our Drop Off and Pick Up Procedures!
These are a few reminders to keep students safe:
- Please proceed through the crosswalk if a teacher (not a student) waves you through. Sometimes they will wave you through even though there is a patron waiting to cross. This is to alleviate traffic congestion in the drop-off lane. They will allow the patron to cross when safe.
- Please pull to the end of the drop-off zone and move out of the drop-off zone as soon as your student(s) has exited your vehicle. If you would like to wait for them to enter the building, please park in a stall to wait.
Thank you for your help!