School Community Councils (SCC’s) improve educational programs and conditions at public schools. Councils operate using the shared governance approach: collaborative, site-based decision making to meet individual school improvement goals. Every public school in Utah has a community council consisting of two elected groups: parents (that’s you!) and teachers/administrators.
The Southland SCC has responsibilities defined both by the Jordan School District and the Utah Legislature. Two of our biggest responsibilities are assisting in the development of School Improvement Plans (SIP’s) and LAND Trust Plans. SCC’s also work on issues brought forth by parents, staff, and faculty.
How can I get involved with the Southland SCC?
• Complete an application to become a voting member (completed by the September deadline each year) and attend scheduled meetings OR
• Attend scheduled meetings as a public member (no voting rights)
• Read the minutes
• Become an elected member (elections held at the last meeting of the school year)
School Community Council Meetings
We invite you to attend Southland Elementary SCC meetings to learn about our greatest academic needs, our School Improvement Plan, and help in the decision-making process for using LAND Trust funds. At Southland we also regularly discuss school safety, share District news, get PTO Updates, and talk about other important issues affecting our school. You have a voice and together we can make a positive difference in the education of our children!
Learn more about shared governance and the role of councils here:
School Land and Trust
Jordan School District School Community Council Resources
SCC Board and Members
- Chair: Danie Natter - Danie.email@example.com ph. 801-631-2052
- Co-Chair: Angela Greer - Angela Greer Ususl1p7@hotmail.com ph. 801-280-5400
- Secretary: Vanessa Burton - Nessa.firstname.lastname@example.org ph. 801-440-6394
- School Rep: Lacey Butterfield - email@example.com ph. 801-254-8047
- School Rep: Lisa Nielson - firstname.lastname@example.org ph. 801-254-8047
- Principal: Lisa Jackson - lisa.jackson@jordandistrictorg ph. 801-254-8047
- Parent: Shelli Smith - email@example.com ph. 801-907-0062
- Parent: Lance Valerio - firstname.lastname@example.org ph. 801-450-8765
- Parent: Amber James - email@example.com ph. 801-913-1750
Meeting Schedule and Minutes